Take the OMGTea Matcha Challenge & WIN MATCHA FOR A YEAR!
Following the success of our Matcha Challenge 2020, where we asked participants to have a minimum of one serving of matcha every day for 21 days, we have decided to run it again this January / February 2021.
Now more than ever, it’s important to take care of ourselves and we think a daily cup of matcha supports not only our physical health but our mental health too. And results from last year’s challenge certainly indicate this as well.
At the end of 21 days, we asked all participants to complete a short survey with questions related to mood, exercise, endurance, etc. and the results were extremely encouraging. Here are just a few highlights
- More than 87% of participants noticed an improvement in their mood and/or general wellbeing
- 90% said that having matcha daily made them want to lead a healthier lifestyle
- 81% experienced an overall increase in energy
More details on the survey and direct feedback from participants can be found here.
Why drink matcha?
Drinking matcha regularly should leave you more relaxed, more focussed and more productive.
It will give you an energy boost that lasts! Matcha contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that helps your body to process caffeine differently and create a state of calm alertness. Matcha provides a less jittery, more sustained energy boost than other caffeinated drinks like coffee – with no crash at the end.
Matcha provides clean energy. It’s good for both mind and body with regular drinkers reporting benefits such as increased mental focus, better mood and an increase in energy. To give you an idea, here is some of the feedback we received from participants in last year’s challenge…
New research reveals OMGTea’s Organic Matcha boosts fat burning by 35%
New research from the University of Acadia in Canada and in partnership with Chichester University in the UK, reveals how quality matcha can significantly increase fat burning during moderate exercise. The findings showed that participants had higher fat burning during brisk walking with quality Matcha green tea.
OMGTea provided the Matcha but had no role in any aspect of the study and manuscript.
Researchers examined the effects of three weeks daily intake of OMGTea Matcha on substrate oxidation during moderate exercise in females. Participants consumed 3 x 1gram servings of OMGTea Matcha per day for three weeks.
In this study, the group data showed that exercise-induced fat oxidation was increased by 35%!
There was no relationship between the body fat percentage and the absolute or percentage change in exercise-induced fat oxidation by OMGTea Matcha.
It was also very interesting to note that there were no adverse physiological effects, such as increased heart rate, meaning that matcha is a very healthy alternative to other weight loss products on the market.
You will find more details on the research, including comments from the Researchers themselves in our latest blog.
What is the OMGTea Matcha Challenge?
We have set our Matcha Challenge at 21 days as we think this is the ideal amount of time to give your body a chance to adapt to the healthy, restorative and energising effects of matcha. Of course, you can go for longer (and we would encourage it) and you could also try it for 2 weeks, but we wouldn’t recommend any less than that if you want to experience the true benefits of this extraordinary tea.
The challenge is simple, have a minimum of one serving per day. One serving is one gram or half a teaspoon and it can be consumed as a tea, in a latte or smoothie. You can sprinkle it on top of your morning porridge or yoghurt or if you aren’t fond of the taste of matcha, you could also try our matcha capsules.
There are just a couple of key things to remember:
- Water or milk should be no more than 80 degrees Celsius. Any hotter and it will degrade the nutrients and could make it taste bitter.
- Baking or cooking with matcha delivers a beautiful colour and a great taste but it will also affect the nutrients meaning that you won’t experience the same benefits as you would with a cup of tea, etc. Instead, you could try one of our raw recipes like this Matcha Chia Seed Pudding or if you have something more indulgent in mind, how about these raw brownies?
In order to evaluate the impact that drinking matcha every day has on your health and well-being we have put together a short questionnaire for participants to complete. At the end of the challenge, we will send the survey to everyone who has taken part. This is a great way to monitor your experience with matcha and determine if it is something you want to incorporate into your daily lifestyle (if you aren’t already). And everyone who completes the survey will also be entered into a competition to WIN A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF OUR BEST-SELLING OMGTEA AAA GRADE MATCHA.
Who should participate?
The challenge is open to everyone! Whether this is your first time trying matcha or you have been drinking matcha or OMGTea for years, the OMGTea Matcha Challenge is a great way to incorporate a healthful cup of matcha into your lifestyle.
We believe that there is a real benefit to drinking matcha regularly and our survey gives you the opportunity to reflect on your experience and see for yourself.
It also gives you the chance to WIN a year’s supply of matcha and which, is surely reason enough to sign up!
What do I need to do to register for the Matcha Challenge and enter the competition?
The OMGTea Matcha Challenge 2021 launches on January 1st, 2021 but you can pre-register now and we will send you a reminder email at the end of December.
To register, send your full name and email address to email@example.com with subject line “Matcha Challenge 2021”.
We will send you a confirmation email and a questionnaire to complete at the end of the challenge period.
By registering for the Matcha Challenge, you will automatically be entered into the ‘Win Matcha for a Year’ competition.
OMGTea Matcha Challenge 2021 – Terms & Conditions
For full T&C's please email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up by emailing email@example.com and who are 18 as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of OMGTea Ltd, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable national and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of OMGTea Ltd as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting January 1, 2021 and ending on February 28, 2021. All online entries must be received by February 28, 2021.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of OMGTea Ltd. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of OMGTea Ltd.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive Year's supply of Matcha AAA Grade (1 x 30g tin per month for 12 months). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by OMGTea Ltd. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at OMGTea Ltd discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all national and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for OMGTea Ltd to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.