We use coconut milk & cashews because the Coconut milk is a high fat milk that makes creamy, delicious ice cream. The cashews again add to the fat content, which will help to ensure that your vegan ice cream does not crystalize like cheaper water-based ice creams.
Serves: 1 litre
- 500ml of full-fat coconut milk (you will need 2 400ml cans), chilled and divided from water*
- 150g cup organic white, gold or raw sugar or maple syrup
- small pinch of salt
- 100g raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours, and rinsed well
- 120ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp OMGTea AA Grade Matcha
- In a high-speed blender combine cashews and almond milk and blend until you teach a thick and creamy consistency.
- Add coconut milk and remaining ingredients to the blender and mix until very smooth and creamy.
- Add your ice cream mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to instructions.
- Once you have ice cream, serve right away, or add it to an airtight container and return to the freezer and allow at least 2 hours for the ice cream to harden completely.
* Refrigerate overnight. When removing from the fridge and opening the cans (be careful not to shake the can). The thick/solid coconut cream should have separated to the top, while the coconut water is on the bottom. Using a spoon, scoop out the coconut cream. You can use the water for a different recipe. The coconut cream is what you’ll use to make the ice cream.