- 170g pecans
- 16 dates
- 40g cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 110g cacao butter
- 1 tbsp AA grade OMGTea matcha powder
- 80g cup maple syrup
- Process pecans in a blender or food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Next, add the cacao powder, vanilla and sea salt and process until well combined. Then, add the dates and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place in the refrigerator to set for a minimum 2 hours.
- To make the matcha layer, add the cacao butter and rice malt syrup in a small glass/heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until the cacao butter has melted
- Next, add the matcha powder and whisk until well combined. Spread over the brownies and place back into the freezer for approximately one hour to set.
- Then, slice the brownies into squares and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days