The OMGTea 2023 Matcha Challenge may not start until January 1st but we are already getting ready for it.
If you haven’t heard of the Matcha Challenge yet, it is a campaign we run every year, where participants consume quality matcha tea every day for 21 days. At the end of the 21 days, we will send you a short survey to complete, with questions related to health and wellbeing so that you can assess the impact daily consumption of matcha has had on you.
The Challenge officially starts on January 1st, and it runs until end of February to provide flexibility on timings. This year will be our 4th year running the Matcha Challenge, which continues to see an increase in participants every year and consistently positive results.
At the heart of the OMGTea Matcha Challenge, is our belief that regular consumption of quality matcha is a simple way to do something positive for your health and wellbeing and we are proud to be supporting others in making healthy choices that will have both immediate and long-term benefits.
What is the OMGTea Matcha Challenge?
We have set our Matcha Challenge at 21 days as we think this is the ideal amount of time to give your body a chance to adapt to the healthy, restorative, and energising effects of matcha.
The challenge is simple, have a minimum of one serving per day. One serving is one gram or half a teaspoon and it can be consumed as a tea, in a latte or smoothie, as a supplement or in other recipes of your choice. There are just a few things to consider:
- When making your matcha tea or latte, water or milk should be no more than 80 degrees Celsius. Any hotter and it will degrade the nutrients and could make it taste bitter.
- Once it’s been made, we recommend consuming your matcha straight away.
- Whilst not necessary, we recommend storing your matcha in the fridge once opened. This will help to preserve its freshness for longer.
- Baking or cooking with matcha delivers a beautiful colour and a great taste but it will also affect the nutrients meaning that you won’t experience the same benefits, unless of course, it is a raw recipe.
Join the hundreds of others who have increased their energy, improved their mood and more!
At the end of the 21 days, we will ask you to complete a short survey. The purpose of the survey is to reflect on your experience and evaluate the impact daily consumption of matcha has had on your health and wellbeing.
The survey includes questions related to mood, exercise, endurance, etc. This will be our fourth year doing the Matcha Challenge. Results from the previous three years have been extremely positive. Here are just a few highlights from last year:
- 80% of participants noticed an improvement in their mood and/or general wellbeing
- 89% said that drinking matcha made them want to lead a healthier lifestyle
- 92% experienced an increase in energy
- 87% were able to concentrate on tasks and/or work more effectively
- 72% felt more present in the moment
72% of participants also noted other positive effects when drinking OMGTea daily, including feeling less anxious, better oral health, improved digestion, better sleep, and even better memory!
You can read more about the results from last year’s Matcha Challenge Survey here, including more detailed feedback from participants.
To sign up to the 2023 Matcha Challenge, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIN MATCHA FOR A YEAR!
Everyone who completes the survey will also be entered into a competition to WIN A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF OUR BEST-SELLING OMGTEA AAA GRADE MATCHA and there are also 5 runners up prizes of a £25 voucher to use on www.omgteas.co.uk up for grabs!
Terms & Conditions apply and can be found on our FAQ's page.
Who should participate?
The Challenge is open to everyone! Whether this is your first time trying matcha or you have been drinking matcha or OMGTea for years, the OMGTea Matcha Challenge is a great way to be more mindful of your mental and physical state.
We believe that there is a real benefit to drinking matcha regularly and our survey gives you the opportunity to reflect on your experience and see for yourself.
It also gives you the chance to WIN a year’s supply of matcha and which, is surely reason enough to sign up!