Turmeric and Matcha together? How many more wacky coffee cocktail concoctions can there be?! This blend may seem far fetched to some. But there are some of you out there who may already be aware of the recently raved-about benefits of turmeric. Turmeric is a superfood that we should all be including in our diets.
- A herbaceous plant from the ginger family
- A deep warm orange powder
- It was first used as ancient Chinese medicine and a dye
- Circuminis the active ingredient in Turmeric that has been found to contain high levels of antioxidants and be a very powerful anti-inflamatory. Anti-inflamation is essential to repairing cells in the body and warning of disease and bugs
- Turmeric is also very successful at reducing age related diseases- much like Matcha!
- A shade-grown, ground, green tea leaf naturally very rich is antioxidants and amino acids
- When you drink matcha you are consuming the entire leaf; not an infusion!
- One cup of Matcha is equivalent to 10-15 times the nutrients of regular green tea
- Matcha naturally detoxifies and cleanses the body, boosts metabolism and has been proven to assist in fat oxidation
- Matcha naturally keeps you calm, alert and boosts your mood due to amino acid L-theanine
TURMERIC & MATCHA LATTE RECIPE 💚:
🍵1/2 tsp of OMGTea Matcha powder
🍵1 tsp of ground turmeric
🍵Oat milk/nut milk/soy milk/animal milk
🍵A dash of cinnamon - if desiredStep one: Select your favourite matcha. We recommend our OMGTea Grade A which is perfect for smoothies, yogurts and hot drinks. Then select your ground turmeric and put both powders into your favourite latte cup.
Step two: Select your favourite milk and heat it up in a pan, then whisk until frothy.
Step three: Pour a small amount of the milk into the cup until you can make a paste!
Step four: Mix the paste to ensure there are no lumps and then add the rest of the milk.
Step five (optional): Create your own latte art on top and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon.
Step six: Breathe in the smell of creamy matcha and turmeric, feel the goodness in your body and smile.
Share your own matcha recipes with us on Instagram and tag us using #omgmatchatea so we can share them too! 🍃
📷Photo recipe credit the lovely: Thecraftygentleman.net